Sunday, September 19, 2010

What to do


Sunday started with good intentions.  I had every intention of going to church Sunday; even had mom on call to come watch Katherine so the three of us to go.  With Katherine sleeping until 7:30 or a little later most mornings it is very hard for me to get up while she is still sleeping.  By the time we were both up and she was fed I determined we would not have enough time to get us all ready and out the door, so we did not make it to church again this week.  Maybe next week?  So, this is bad, but since we did not get ready in time to go to church I suggested we go over to the park for a stroll since the weather was not too hot.  We all packed up and off we went.

Paul pushed Katherine in the big stroller and I pushed Luke in a little umbrella stroller we have.  We have yet to make the big double stroller purchase but will be forced to soon as we have several "field trips" planned.  We had a nice walk and then Luke played on the playground while Katherine and I made another lap.  We were home within an hour and getting ready for lunch at Nonna's.  She and Nanny were cooking us a traditional Sunday lunch. 

While we were getting ready Luke fell asleep on our bed.  I decided to take Katherine and go on to Mom's and let Paul and Luke join us when Luke woke up . We learned last week that waking Luke up from his nap does not have the best outcome.  Lunch was great - pork chops, real mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese and so forth.  Paul and Luke were there fairly quickly.  We watched some of the Titans game and Paul did a couple of chores for Mom.  We enjoyed spending time with Nanny.  Luke enjoyed it so much he refused to leave when it was time to go.  His latest verbage is "I can't not go home now".  Everything is "I can't not do this or that".  After much persuasion he still did not want to leave.  Nonna offered to bring him home later.  We took her up on it.  Nonna, Nanny and Luke went to Target and had a picnic supper before coming home later that night.  We are so excited that Nanny is going to be visiting all week!

No comments: