Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Visit with Jon Jon and Meme

Working puzzles with Jon
Sweet boy
Picture courtesy of Luke H. Troutt
Saturday morning Paul and Luke went to Gallatin to help Pop with some things.  Katherine and I stayed behind to get ready for Jon and Kristen to visit.  The UT game came on at 11:30 and they were coming to hang out with us and watch the game.  I have not been to the grocery store in 2 weeks with the exception of running in to get milk and bread.  So, I had little to offer in the way of fun game day food.  Jon and Kristen brought some wings and dip. Paul stopped at Publix and picked up a few things too.  We had such a good visit with them.  I just love Kristen and am so excited when we can spend time together and that she will officially be my sister soon! Luke also loves his Jon Jon and Meme. He had a little photo shoot with Kristen as his model, worked puzzles with Jon and just thoroughly entertained us.  Katherine slept most of the time with the exception of waking to eat and to let Kristen hold her. Luckily UT won  but it was too close considering they played UAB.

That night we watched the Auburn/ South Carolina game.  Katherine had gotten a little fussy after her 5 o'clock feeding and it only got worse towards her last feeding of the day.  She seemed more gassy than normal and was hard to console.  I had been withholding milk and yogurt from my diet for 2 weeks thinking that might be causing some of her reflux and tummy aches.  Well, I just had to have a small glass of milk with the cookies I made Saturday afternoon.  I guess I got my answer....Katherine just can not tolerate milk products right now.  We hope this is something she outgrows eventually.  Once she was calmed down (after gas drops, Zantac and Gripe Water) she ate well and went to bed.  She slept 6 1/2 hours!  I woke up frantic thinking I had not heard her crying, but she was fine.

We also moved Katherine to her room Friday night.  She has transitioned very smoothly so far (knock on wood)!  The glider rocker is still in our room so when she wakes up to eat I bring her back over and then return her to her bed when she is done.  I think Paul and I are more concerned about Luke waking up than the affect it would have on her.  She tends to get pretty loud during diaper changes!  We should have everything moved to her room in the next few days!

No comments: