Monday, September 13, 2010

Too Much Fun

Who would want to leave this sweet girl?
Monday morning Luke slept in a little later than normal.  By the time he woke up there really was not time for Paul to take him to school and get to work on time.  The plan was for Katherine and I to take Luke when she finished eating.  I had a morning of errands planned after we dropped him off.  Well, Luke decided he did not want to go to school.  He said it was "too much fun" at home with Katherine and I.  He also started saying "I can't walk" again, even though he could walk just fine. So rather than dragging him to school I decided to keep him home with us.

We had a great day! It was much more relaxed and better than Friday.  We had a nice morning.  Katherine slept and Luke and I played a lot.  For lunch we went to the drive through at Old MacDonald's (healthy, I know).  Next, we headed over to a little park in Goodlettsville to eat our picnic lunch and play on the play ground.  Nonna met us there since it was close to her work.  I did not take my camera since I had just planned to come back home and eat.  Luke had fun playing on the play ground.  The weather was great. 

When we got home Luke wanted to watch a movie.  I told him we could not watch a movie unless he took a nap.  He continued to say he could not take a nap.  I had to feed Katherine so I just calmly continued to tell him he had to nap first.  When he refused I asked him to just come and sit with Katherine and I.  He asked to listen to music.  I found the easy- listening music channel on TV.  Within a few minutes Luke was sound asleep on the couch.  He stayed this way for 2-hours!  I kept my word and he was able to watch a movie when he woke up. 

No comments: