Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just in Time

Trying to enjoy the sunshine!
This week I was going through Katherine's clothes and found this cute summer onesie.  I decided I would put her in it and I was glad I did.  It was hard for me to snap it.  It is a newborn size so I was not surprised.  We can definitely tell she is getting longer now, too.  We went to Babies R Us today to pick up some things and return some newborn diapers since she has outgrown them.  They returned them without any problems.  Katherine has been going for longer stretches at night now.  I usually feed her between 7:30 and 8:00 and she wakes up within 5 hours or so to eat and promptly goes back to sleep.  The next stretch is usually shorter - closer to 3 hours or so.  She wakes up for the day around 7:30 and eats and is ready to start her day!  We are loosely following BabyWise.  I try to keep her in a routine cycle throughout the day of eat/play/sleep.  When we stick to that she seems to do much better than when she falls asleep after eating and wakes up before time to eat again.  Of course, every day has its challenges but all in all Katherine seems to like the routine of her day so far. 

Luke, however is still not sleeping well.  He has gone through phases in the past where he would wake up periodically but this phase is lasting a long time.  He falls asleep well with one of us (usually Paul) with him but then wakes up at least once during the night scared and yells for us.  Before he hurt his foot he would run down the hallway to our room and climb in the bed to which we would promptly return him to his room.  We hope this is just something he will outgrow soon.

No comments: