![]() |
| The little guy still managed to have a smile |
![]() |
| He spent a lot of time in the floor |
![]() |
| New means of transportation.... |
As soon as Luke and I laid our heads on the pillow Katherine started to stir. I just listened to her for awhile, but she finally reached a high pitched squeal. So, I went to get her. Luke asked a million questions, what was I doing, why was the baby crying, can we put the baby in bed with us (NO), can I get up, etc, etc. During all this Katherine continued to cry. After about 45 minutes Katherine was back asleep and Luke was still awake! He had to have time out a couple of times, which today consisted of him staying in his bed and me leaving the room and shutting the door. All I could hear was a consistent "mommy, mommy, mommy". After the last time out which lasted considerably longer than normal I returned to his room. He apologized and asked me to lay down with him. After I laid down he was asleep in about 2 minutes - he was worn out!
The rest of our afternoon was much smoother. I resorted to Luke watching Cars while I did laundry and tended to Katherine. Paul and I had talked about going out to eat, but I did not feel much like dragging both kids in a restaurant. Paul brought Chinese home instead which we have not had in over a year. After supper Paul insisted I get out of the house. I agreed and headed to Target for a little retail therapy. It is so nice just to wonder aimlessly up and down the aisles. I did manage to pick up some things we needed and some picture frames for Katherine's room and long sleeved onesies. She has had several gift cards given to her so it was nice to use those.
One day home with both kids reiterated my respect for all of my stay-at-home mom friends. I will say, it was not too bad and if we did it every day we would get in to a normal routine which would help. Now, on to a relaxing weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment