Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, again

Mondays sure roll around fast around here.  This week was no exception.  Mom came by tonight and hung out with us for awhile.  Luke seemed to enjoy the first day in his new classroom at school.  I have to admit I felt a little overwhelmed when I picked him up.  The teachers started talking to me abut homework, sight words, action words, Dr. Seuss' birthday and pajama day.  What?!?!  I just smiled and nodded like I knew exactly what they were talking about.  Mom volunteered for homework duty which was great!  He had to write one of the letters they were focusing on this week (P and V), draw something that starts with that letter or find pictures in magazines of items that start with that letter.  They did it pretty quickly and he seemed to think homework was fun.  I am sure that will change sooner than later!  Luke was in rare form tonight.  He did not want to do anything I asked him and was acting out.  That is not like him at all.  I immediately blamed his new room and the older kids he is with now.  It also could have been that Mom was here and Paul wasn't.  He is like that sometimes when "visitors" are here.  We will see what he is like the rest of the week.

Katherine took her usual evening nap after supper. She did really well with squash tonight.  I had tried it once before and she did not seem to like it but she did much better this time around. Bedtime went well again tonight.  Mom left before bedtime since I seemed to think Luke's behavior might be related to her being here.

No comments: