Our weekend started Friday night when we went to supper at Genghis Grill. Katherine usually sleeps while we are eating out are plays happily until we are done. We should have known something was up when she woke up shortly after we got there and fussed the whole time. Paul and I took turns walking her around the restaurant. What I should have seen coming I didn't. Katherine woke up that night and had a temperature. She was so cranky and restless. I worked Saturday morning while Paul kept the kids. Katherine actually slept a good part of the morning. She was worn out after being up the night before. We thought maybe she just had a cold. She did not seem to be getting any better so we decided to take her to the doctor Sunday.
Our pediatrician is closed on Sundays but I knew of one that was open in Hendersonville. The plan was for Katherine and I to drop Luke off at church, run to the doctor office and have K checked out and then back to church to pick the boys up. Well, the pediatrician opened at 10. I pulled in the parking lot at five till and was shocked that the parking lot was full! The waiting room was pretty much standing room only. I signed Katherine in and waited for them to call us. When they did they wanted to know what doctor she was a patient of. When I told them they were not our normal pediatrician they looked at me like I was an alien. They informed me it would be an 1 1/2 wait at the minimum before she would see a doctor. Since we had to be back at the church that was not going to work. I tried two other places - one did not see infants and they other clinic was closed.
To make a very long story short I found an Urgent Care clinic that is staffed by an MD so we went - after dropping the boys off at home. We were there for two hours, but Katherine did great. She was very content for most of the wait. After we had been there an hour and a half the receptionist asked if I would like to wait in a separate waiting room so Katherine would not leave there more sick than when she came. I was grateful, but couldn't she have thought of that sooner? By this time Katherine was fast asleep in my arms. When we finally saw the doctor he confirmed what we thought - her ears were draining, her eyes were draining and she had post nasal drainage in her throat. He wrote script for an antibiotic and we were out the door.
We started the medicine this afternoon and she seems to already be feeling better. We plan to send her to school tomorrow since we know it is her ears and she has not had a temperature since early Sunday. Luke has only had two ear infections in his life and Katherine has had two in the last two months...oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment