Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mommy's Kiddos


Peek-a-Boo


Happy Girl


Evidence that I can build a train track!
I did not have any appointments scheduled for today so the kids and I stayed home together!  The only thing we had to do was take Katherine to the doctor to get her Prevnar shot.  When I took her for her 6-month check up a couple of weeks ago they had run out of that vaccine. We had plans to meet Paul for lunch afterward but he ended up not being able to get away.  So, we picked up lunch and brought it home.  Katherine was sleepy after her shot and took a long afternoon nap.  Luke and I curled up on the couch, turned the easy listening music on and took a nap ourselves!  I did not sleep very long but Luke had a good nap. 

The weather was so warm we decided to spend time on the porch.  Luke was really wanting to go play with trains at Monkey Tree House.  I hated to go spend time indoors when it was so nice so I decided to pull out some things he got for Christmas that we had put up.  I thought the tent Nanny gave him would be good to occupy his time for awhile.  He got some giggles watching me try to put it together.  What probably should have taken less than 5 minutes took me closer to 30!  I finally found the directions hidden in the bag and quickly got it assembled.  He had fun hanging out in his tent and wanted to take everything in with him. The tent can only hold so much!  Katherine was a doll during all this...just laughing and babbling.  She seems to really enjoy being outside like Luke did at that age. 

We had a great day together and Luke is already asking if he gets to stay home tomorrow!

No comments: