Thursday, February 10, 2011
Another Snow Day
Well, it snowed again! Nashville has seen more "snow events" this year than in longer than I can remember. It started snowing on Wednesday afternoon and did not let up until Thursday morning. The kids were out of school today. I took them to school yesterday while I was off so I could work on our taxes and do several other things that are not necessarily kid-friendly. I had in my head I would leave about 3 to go pick them up. By the time I got there and we were on the road again the snow was awful . The visibility was poor and there were people sliding everywhere. I have never been one to be nervous to drive in the ice and snow but I must admit I was nervous since both kids were with me. I made it on the bypass fine and everyone was driving slow. I was in Paul's car since he had taken mine in for a few minor repairs before the warranty ran out. I could not get off the Conference Drive north exit due to multiple wrecks. I went on to get off at the next Conference Drive exit which is a steep incline. By the time I had made up my mind not to get off it was too late to get over. I watched helplessly as numerous trucks were spinning and sliding all over the ramp. I got behind a little Civic and we inched our way to to the top of the ramp! I did not slide once. Too make a very long story short we made it home alright - but it took us over an hour. Katherine slept the whole time and Luke was very patient and could tell our drive home was out of the ordinary.
The daycare was closed today and it was Paul's turn to stay home. He said the kids did really well. When I got home from work he and Luke went outside to play in the snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment