Saturday, February 26, 2011

An Afternoon at the Zoo



My Mom and Paul's parents both offered to keep the kids so he and I could do something for my birthday.  I decided I wanted to do something as a family instead.  Since Paul gave me a family membership to the zoo last year for my birthday I wanted to go one more time before it expired. 

The weather was absolutely perfect! It was sunny and in the mid-60's.  Luke loves going to the zoo.  We let him pick which animals he wanted to visit since we knew we would not all hold out to go to every part of the zoo.  He picked the flamingos, giraffes and elephants.  He also wanted to ride the merry-go-round again.  That is what he had been talking about the most.  He knew he wanted to ride the elephant one again.  Katherine did great at the zoo, too. She slept some of the time and when she was not sleeping she just smiled and grunted.

No comments: