Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Laundry, Cleaning and Dishes, Oh My!


It never ceases to amaze me how much laundry we accumulate around here or how often run the dishwasher.  I can pretty much guarantee we do 1-2 loads of laundry per day and the dishwasher is run daily unless we happen to have a meal out then it is run every 36 hours.  How can Katherine and I being at home during the day generate so much more?  I don't even want to mention the housework.  Paul and I both voiced our frustration over the fact we can not keep the house picked up for more than a couple of hours before it is destroyed again.  After this conversation Tuesday night Paul went in on a Mr. Clean frenzy.  He scrubbed the kitchen and bathrooms while I tried to tend to the kids and pick up toys left in Luke's path.  Luke is good about cleaning up most of the time.  He does his best work when we sing the "clean up" song.  So, I guess we are fighting a losing battle.  One day my goal is to have someone come in and clean the house a couple of times a month but that time is not right now.  So for right now we will just deal with it and do the best we can!

I did manage to take this cute pic of baby K before the cleaning frenzy ensued!

No comments: