Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two Outings...One Day

Pretty cozy after a bottle from Daddy
After supper treat
The bib is as big as she is!
We decided to be adventurous around here today.  Katherine and I made our first non-essential trip out by ourselves.  Where did we go...where else?  Target, or as Luke refers to it, "the red store". I needed several things and it was not nearly as hot around here.  Katherine was sleeping so I decided to take my time and look around.  I was super excited to see they had fall stuff on the shelves!  Toward the end of our expedition K let me know pretty quickly she was ready to leave! As soon as we got back in the car she was asleep again!

We got out this afternoon to pick Luke up at school.  Until now someone has picked him up for me. I decided that today was the day I needed to do it by myself.  Of course, I did not know it was going to be raining!  Luckily it was just sprinkling when we got there so K did not get wet.  All the teachers made a big fuss over Katherine and Luke was super excited to see us!

Katherine has been spitting up quite a bit since she was less than a week old.  Luke used to spit up, but not much.  After doing some online research we are trying a few different things to see if it will help.  She is nursing for shorter periods of time and sometimes more frequently.  I try to keep her upright for 30 minutes or so after she has eaten.  I want to get the pack-n-play elevated on one end, but need Paul to help me to do that.  We go to the doctor Thursday for a 3-week well visit so I will talk to the pediatrician more about it.  I know that all babies spit up to some degree, but hers can be pretty bad.  I found out that two of her uncles - Andrew and Jon both spit up a lot as babies.  She is continuing to gain weight since she can't fit in to some of her preemie clothes anymore so I do not think it is a "mechanical" issue that would require some type of procedure.  Paul gave her a bottle last night around 7 and she acted like she was starving before 9.  I think our little peanut has a bigger appetite than we give her credit for!

No comments: