Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Scales Don't Lie

The dreaded scales...
So, no one likes to get on the scales at the doctor's office.  I know I don't!  Well, today Miss Katherine had her 3-week well visit which meant another weigh in to see how she was progressing.  I think we were all blown away when the scale read 6# 9 oz!  She has gained 1 # 4 oz in the last 10 days!  She is also an inch longer measuring in at 19".  I was super excited.  Dr. Patterson had nothing but glowing reviews for our little peanut.  She remarked several times about what a good eater she must be.  I must say I am proud of us - the feedings every 2-3 hours have continued to pay off.  I can now let her sleep as long as she wants at night and just feed her when she wakes up.  This is usually not an issue.  She wakes up every 3 hours like clock work at night but will stretch her day time feedings out if I will let her.  Guess we need to work on that...

We also discussed my concerns over her spitting up to which Dr. Patterson said there is nothing to worry about.  That is what I suspected she would say.  Since Katherine is obviously thriving and the spitting up does not appear to cause her any distress I am just going to have to live with the numerous outfit changes and middle of the night laundry duty! 

No comments: