Monday, August 9, 2010

Good News and Pop's Birthday

Love this face!

These fingers sure are good!

Luke absolutely loves to cook!

Luke insisted on blowing out the candles
Monday was the big day.  After visiting the pediatrician on Friday and finding out that Katherine still weighed 4# 15 oz I was a little worried that she was not gaining weight.  The doctor told us that we really needed her to gain at a minimum of 1/2 oz every day.  We had another weight check appointment on Monday.  Katherine had continued to be a good eater so I was hoping that she was gaining.  It was just hard to tell.  She also spits up a lot more than Luke ever did.  Most times when I would feed her I would pray that God would nourish her little body and allow it to grow. 

I was so relieved when the verdict came in...5# 5 oz!!!  She had gained 6 oz in 3 days, above and beyond what the doctor requested!  Dr Patterson was positively thrilled!  She and I discussed the events from the hospital stay.  I told her how much we appreciated all that she did for us.  She gave me a big hug.  It is so nice to have such a wonderful, caring pediatrician who goes above and beyond the call of duty! 

Nonna is picking Luke up from school every day this week.  Since she had never picked him up before I rode up there with her Monday.  When Luke got in the car I told him it was Pop's birthday and they were stopping by to bring us supper.  He immediately started talking about blowing out Pop's birthday candles.  Of course, I did not have any birthday candles or anything to stick them in for that matter.  I made a quick phone call to Paula to see if she could bring some candles.  Nonna stayed with us awhile when we got home so Luke and I could make Pop some brownies for his birthday. 

Luke was so excited that he got to sing to Pop and blow out his candles!  I think Pop was excited, too!

No comments: