When I picked Katherine up from school Wednesday they told me she threw up that afternoon. I asked if they thought she just spit up since I have never known her to throw up. They also said she had a runnier than normal diaper but she was happy all day. When I started asking a few more questions I found out that a stomach bug had been going around in the nursery. Great, I thought, here we go again. When we got home I checked Katherine's temp and it was 101.8. I knew immediately that she had the bug and would not be in school the next day. A few minutes later Luke told me he needed to go to the bathroom. That wasn't a pretty sight. So, both kids had the stomach bug.
I had already registered for a continuing education conference today so Paul had to stay home with the kids. I think they were both pretty pitiful. Katherine has continued to run a temp but Luke seems to be bouncing back quickly. So, I will be on kid-duty tomorrow. This will be two days in two weeks I have had to miss work due to the kids being sick. Before I had kids I think I had only taken one sick day in 6 years of working at the hospital. Needless to say those days are long gone...

No comments:
Post a Comment