I was supposed to be off today but the dietitian that works on my days off called early this morning to say her son was sick and she could not come in. I know that feeling and I told her not to worry about it, although I really did not want to go to work. Who does? It has been very busy so I knew I needed to go in. It ended up not being that bad so I got my work done and left a little early to take Katherine to the doctor. The school called me around lunch and said she was just not acting like herself - poor appetite, fussy and not sleeping well. When I got there it was time for Katherine to have a bottle. She took it all for me and smiled and cooed. Of course, her teachers said she had not been like that all day. So, we headed to Dr. Patterson's office.
She was surprised to see us. We saw her in the hallway and Luke announced he had to poop! She and an intern from Vandy got a big kick out of that. I explained to her that Katherine had an ear ache a couple of weeks ago and then had the stomach bug last week. It did not take her long to figure out what was wrong with her -- double ear infection! She said both ears were "angry". We are going to try a high powered antibiotic and hope this gets rid of it for good! It seems like we have had enough sickness around here. We are way past ready for warmer weather and healthy kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment