Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Home with Mom
Yesterday morning I got a call from Katherine's school that she had thrown up twice. Since she had her first dose of Augmentin that morning I felt like it was from that. I called the doctor's office and talked to my pharmacist friend at work. Both said that some babies can not tolerate that strong of an antibiotic. The nurse was supposed to call me back and let me know what we needed to do. I had not heard from them by the time I left so I called them. The nurse had called our house and left a message! I assumed they would change her antibiotic and I would run by Publix and pick it up. Well, the doctor wanted me to bring her in so she could get another antibiotic shot yesterday and today.
I had a playdate planned with some of my college friends today but canceled since Katherine had her picture appointment this morning and we had to be back at the doctor this afternoon. Since Katherine did not have to go to school Luke did not want to go either so we all stayed home.
Luke did well while Katherine was getting her picture taken. She did pretty good. We had to take a couple of breaks when she would get fussy. I think the photographer definitely got something that will work for the panel pose which is the priority. I am so behind with her pictures - today's session was her "6-month" picture and she is almost 8-months!
After pictures we went to the mall to pick up a few Spring clothes for the kids. Luke is still wearing some size 18-month shorts! They actually still fit but are a little short. We played on the playground and Luke got to control the model train for a treat. We went to lunch and then home for naps. While Luke napped Katherine and I played. She seems to be back to her normal happy self!
We saw Dr. Patterson this afternoon after her last Rocephin shot. She said her left ear was completely clear and her right one is healing nicely. I asked her about what the guidelines are for putting tubes in. She said since this was only Katherine's second ear infection and she still considered this cold and allergy season that tubes were not a consideration right now. However, she said if she has another "whopper" of an infection in the next couple of months we would see an ENT doctor. She did start her on Zyrtec daily to see if we can hold off some of the runny noise, allergies, etc. We hope and pray this works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment