Our pediatrician was out of the office today so we had to make an appointment with one of her partners. On my way to pick the kids up the daycare called to let me know Katherine had high temperature. This did not surprise me since she ran one the afternoon before. By the time we got to the doctor and called back with the nurse it was 102.8! The nurse immediately got her some Ibuprofen. Katherine was pretty pitiful. Since she was pitiful and most of my attention Luke decided he was going to do everything in the exam room he was not supposed to. We had been waiting over 30 minutes and he started climbing up in the doctor's stool - you know the kind that roll around. I immediately told him to get down but could not grab him because I was holding a whiny Katherine. Well, he fell straight to the tile floor and started bawling. I rushed to put Katherine in the car seat and picked him up. I am sure everyone in the office could hear him. And wouldn't you know it as soon as I scooped him up here comes the doctor! She started talking to me about Katherine over his sobbing. I knew he was fine and told him to hush so I could hear the doctor.
She quickly gathered Katherine's recent ear history and took a look. She actually gasped when she looked in her right ear! She said it was horrendous looking and Katherine had every right to be fussy and whiny. She presented a couple of different options to me. Since the Omnicef did not get rid of the infection after 10-days she said that probably was not an option again. We finally decided to give her an antibiotic shot and then do a different class of oral antibiotic for 10-days starting tomorrow. Katherine cried and cried after her shot. I felt awful for her. To make matters worse we had to wait 20 minutes after the shot to make sure she did not have a reaction before we could leave.
By the time we left it was after 6 o'clock and we were all exhausted. Thankfully Mom had gone to Chef's and brought supper to us. I was so relieved to not have to worry about supper.
No comments:
Post a Comment