Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Moving, moving...


Dining room looking good!






Today was a long, long day!  I realized yesterday that the house was so dirty from all the construction.  It had never hit me that the house needed to be clean in order for us to move our stuff in.  I didn't wan to put rugs down and furniture in on filthy wood floors.  Thankfully JoAnn was able to come and help out this morning before we got there.  I was amazed at how much she was able to get done in a few hours this morning before we got there.  What a relief!  I am so glad Paul told me we could start having her clean the house a couple of years ago.  She has cleaned for his mom and dad for years so she is well trusted and so sweet!

Paul took off the rest of the week.  I am so glad.  The movers were late getting to our house this morning and there were only two of them and they were s-l-o-w!  It felt like it took them forever to get the old house loaded on the truck.  It took over 8 hours to get everything loaded up and then unloaded at the farm. 

Mom picked the kids up from school and brought them home.  She is going to stay with us the first few nights to get the kids used to sleeping in their own beds upstairs.  I am glad we have several more days to unpack before we go back to work!  So thankful to finally be in!

No comments: