![]() |
| The floors look fabulous! |
![]() |
| Early morning progress |
![]() |
| Granite remnant for Luke's bath |
![]() |
| So excited about these! |
![]() |
| Love the vent hood |
![]() |
| The uppers will have glass front doors |
![]() |
| I had Paul hold up one of the mudroom cabinets |
![]() |
| Master bath vanities -- obviously not installed yet |
![]() |
| The kids had a blast playing in the cabinets |
After that I went to the granite/ quartz showroom. We have a friend who manages one of the larger operations in Nashville and he graciously offered to give us a deep discount so, of course, we are going to take him up on it. I didn't just have an all over giddy feeling about anything. Since we are trying to coordinate the creamy perimeter cabinets with the walnut island and medium brown oak floors it is a little tricky. I had originally thought I wanted honed black granite on the perimeter and a marble - like top on the island. That was before we went with the stained island. The designer helped me select a quartz that is a good neutral which is fine. We also decided to go with the same top on the island and perimeter. I selected counters for the master vanities and then found a remnant granite for Luke's bath. It is kind of funky but I think he will like it. Will definitely liven up his "boring" bathroom.
I grabbed lunch next hoping Paul would be able to meet me at the plumbing supply store. He wasn't able to so it was up to me to pick out the master bath faucets and kitchen faucets. I think I did ok. I went ahead and ordered them and they should be in quickly. I picked up two cabinet knobs at Home Depot before heading back North to Lowe's. I got Luke's tile bought for his vanity area. That should go in Wednesday.
By this time I was pooped. I picked the kids up before 4 and they were sad I picked them up "early". We came home for just a few minutes before Mom came to go with us to check out the progress at the house. I was blown away when I walked in the kitchen -- I LOVE the cabinets. Paul and I both said we are so glad we decided to go ahead and replace them. They are amazing. I couldn't be happier. They still have quite a bit to do. The uppers get glass front doors, all the hardware needs to be installed as well as the crown molding and trim pieces. They went ahead and brought the mudroom and master cabinets but the tile is not laid in those rooms. They will have to come back once it is finished to install those. Mom and I picked up sandwiches and we all ate a picnic in the floor. The kids, Mom and I left around 7 and Paul stayed and worked for a couple of hours. The clock is ticking louder and louder! Still so much to do before we can move in!









No comments:
Post a Comment