Saturday, March 14, 2015

Making Memories

Another picnic on the floor


Final coat on the floors!
Our day started bright and early.  I woke up around 5 ready to go for some reason. I think it is the anticipation and excitement of the next week ahead.  Paul had to be at the house early for Comcast to come and get our cable and WiFi set up.  They actually never showed which is another story.  He was able to get quite a bit of work done.  We were surprised to see that the flooring crew had installed on the quarter round which was stained.  The floors look awesome!  So pleased with what we decided.  I wasn't making much progress at home so I decided we needed to go get some of this stuff knocked off our list.  Mom came over and went with us.  We went to Target and HomeGoods and found quite a bit of stuff - mattress pads, shower rods, wastebaskets and so on.  We were out for a few hours and then headed back home.  Mom left and the kids and I went to Gallatin.  Paul had gotten quite a bit done and the painters were there.  There is so much touch up to be done it is crazy.  Paul finished putting the quarter round down on all the tiled surfaces so it can be painted.  There is still several pieces of crown, base and chair rail that need to be fixed.  Most of them need to be coped which Paul doesn't know how to do so he is going to need to get  a trim carpenter up there again.  Some of this obviously will not be done before we move in.  It was a long day and we were all worn out by the time bedtime rolled around.

No comments: