![]() |
| Making progress |
| Almost done... |
![]() |
| Mastering the art of the "selfie" |
I was excited to see the plank wall that Paul had been working on. I really like it! It was better in person than in the pictures he took last night. I think it definitely adds character to the space which is what we were going for. Even though I wanted reclaimed barn wood this seems to be working out perfect. After seeing it I don't think we will need to stain it. It has enough variation of color between the boards that I think it will work just fine.
While we were there the kids and I put new face plates on all the outlets and switches in their rooms that the electrician had changed out. I also got in a cleaning mood and cleaned their rooms. It is amazing all the debris -- wire, screws, nails, paper, etc that accumulate on a job site. I cleared them out completely and vacuumed really well. Basically, I would be comfortable with carpet going down if it had to, but I know we are going to wait until the sand and finish is done on the hardwoods downstairs.
The kids kept entertained with playing outside and playing blocks. Luke dribbled his basketball up and down the driveway over and over and rode his pedal car a lot. He is anxious to get a goal put up so he will have somewhere to shoot the ball. We left around 3 and ran by Mom's to pick up some more boxes. Luke has a big social studies project due the middle of February and we had not started on it yet. He and I worked on that some while Katherine entertained herself. We had leftover soup for supper. Paul got home about 7. He put in a full day up there. From now until we get moved I know he is going to be up there as much as possible. He has been trying to go one night during the week after work and then most of the weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment