Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day #2

View on our way into work this morning

The roads have not really cleared at all and, in fact are worse than yesterday.  School is closed and so is their Snow Care program.  Thankfully, Mom's boss told her not to come in today because of the weather so she was able to watch the kids.  I wasn't so sure about driving in these conditions so Paul drove me to work and then went back to his office in Nashville.  We didn't have any difficulty, but I think it was mainly due to his vehicle.  I was glad to make it in to work so we could get caught up.

I worked until about 3:30 and Bill came to pick me up and take me home. It will be nice once we are moved that I will be so close to work and getting in should not be an issue.  Most of the roads had melted considerably since this morning.  It is still very cold but the sun was out all day which helped. Once we got on the side street to get to our neighborhood it was apparent the roads had not been salted or plowed. They were pretty treacherous.  We made it to our house and Bill offered to follow me to Mom's to get the kids picked up.  We were in his truck or we could have just picked them up on our way.  I left the neighborhood a different way and it seemed more clear.  I drove very slow until I got to the main road and then it was clear.  The kids were out in Mom's driveway scraping the snow and ice around.  Of course, they didn't want to leave but I was ready to get home. School is out again tomorrow but the Snow Care program is open! That is such a relief!

Paul had a slower day at work today.  None of his sub contractors are working due to the weather so he just bid a few jobs and is on stand by to go in at anytime to respond to emergency calls.  He is fully expecting to be working around the clock the next few days.  That did not stop him from going to Gallatin tonight to get some stuff done there.  He is working late trying to make the most of his time.  He has gotten the master vanity light fixtures installed, the light/fan in the attic playroom and has run some baseboard. Of course, the tile person has not come this week due to the weather but is supposed to be there tomorrow.  The trim and paint crew is scheduled for Thursday.  If we can just get the various crews there I feel like they could get the remaining items knocked out.

Oh and we are under contract!!!  We came to terms with the buyers and signed the contract!  Of course it is pending the appraisal, home inspection, sale of their home, etc. We are set to close the end of March, whoohoo!  Answered prayer!

No comments: