![]() |
| Almost done in K's bathroom |
![]() |
| Luke's bathroom getting done |
I had to run out to the house this morning before work to unload my car full of boxes. A lady I work with brought some boxes today so I needed somewhere to put them. I ran up to check on the tile work. Luke's bath is coming along. Paul says it is "boring" and it is, compared to Katherine's. We are trying to think of a way to spice it up a bit. We are having to work with the existing marble mosaic floor that Paul wants to keep. We also didn't want to take the existing square tiles off the wall in the toilet area so we did our best to match that for the shower surround. The marble floor in the vanity area was supposed to go in today, but the person installing had some concerns with the inconsistency of the tiles. I am glad he didn't go ahead and put them down. When I went back this afternoon he had them laid out and there were huge differences. I know marble is a natural stone, but some of them were almost black and others were snow white. We decided to nix that idea and go back to the drawing board.
The hardwood crew was there sanding. They put down two different stains for me to choose from. I wasn't sold on either one so they are going to put a couple of more down tomorrow and we will chose from that. They will stain on Saturday, top coat on Sunday and cabinets are scheduled to go in Monday barring any unforeseen circumstances. I took the day off to be there so I hope it can all happen!


No comments:
Post a Comment