Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Game Night
I had a very productive day off today. I went to Hermitage Lighting in Nashville to get the last of the lighting fixtures picked out. That task has been overwhelming. I have bought several things online and the kids fixtures have come from Home Depot or Lowe's. The lady that helped me was very nice. My main goal was kitchen lighting, but when we seemed to get the figured out pretty quickly I moved on to the other remaining rooms - foyer, master bath and powder room. We were able to get something picked out for all the spaces! I think at this point I am just kind of "done" and am not being as particular or second guessing every decision I make!
I finished there in time to grab a quick sandwich before meeting Katherine's teacher for parent/teacher conference. Neither of the kids teachers requested a conference which is reassuring. We decided we wanted to check in with Katherine's teacher to make sure everything was going well. And, it is! She said K is progressing very well and does not have any difficulties in class. We were concerned that she has trouble identifying a few numbers - mainly 10, 11 and 12. Past that and before that she does fine. Her teacher said she was fine and that is common and felt like she would get it very soon. She, of course, knows all her letters (upper and lower), all shapes and colors and is able to identify several sight words. She can also spell her full name, knows her address, phone number and birth date. We are glad she is doing so well!
I did a quick errand after her conference before 3:00 dismissal. It was nice to be home by that time in the afternoon. It gave us a lot of time to hang out and do some things. I cooked chili for supper and Paul was able to be home at a decent time. We played a couple of board games and Paul and the kids put on a finger puppet show!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment