Sunday, December 25, 2011

Troutt Christmas!


Luke was excited about his movie!

Pop being silly


Jim showing Memaw the beautiful picture of Lauren

Uncles Jon and Jim gave Luke his first remote control car -- Lightning McQueen!

New Titans cap!

JonJon and Meme loving Christmas!

Paula was surprised by her Kindle!

Katherine left the chaos to play with her tea set

Bill had all the boys draw numbers from three different cups

What Bill made!

Time to say bye-bye
We had a great time at the Troutt's.  We got there before 11:30.  Everyone else was already there.  Breakfast was being cooked when we arrived.  None of us were very hungry since we had just eaten.  We ate, opened stockings and opened presents.  The 6 "kids" draw names between each other.  We keep it a secret so it is always neat to see who had who.  Luke and Katherine had fun.  Luke tore through his gifts without hardly looking at them (again). He was excited about his first remote control car! Katherine squealed and bounced up and down at every gift she opened -- so cute!  She has been walking more for us, but still will not walk in front of other people!

One of the highlights of the day was Bill asking each of the boys to draw from three separate cups.  He then told them the numbers they drew corresponded with an item in his shop.  We did not know what he was talking about.  The boys joked that maybe one was the Corvette and the others were for tractors.  We all went down there and Bill had made 9 different items out of the old shop door!  How fun!  Everyone had a step stool and a tall table.  The other item we got was a bird house.  I was so excited.  I love things that have been repurposed.  We will find the perfect place for everything!  It is nice to have part of the old shop to hang on to.  Bill has really enjoyed the renovations he did this fall and is using his shop a lot more already. 

We stayed around and visited a while longer.  By this time my eye was really red and bothering me.  I was glad I had packed my glasses and Luke's antibiotic eye drops.  I am fairly certain I have pink eye - yuck!

No comments: