Thursday, December 8, 2011
Spoke Too Soon
So, yesterday when I was at the doctor with Katherine the nurse commented that they had not seen Luke in a long time. I agreed and said that he had been healthy and doing great! Man, I should have learned my lesson by now -- never be overly confident with your kids' health! Luke ran in the bathroom this morning saying he could not open his eye. What??? Yep, it was matted shut. When I got it open it was bright red! Pink eye - yuck! Paul and I quickly determined our plan of action. I would take him to the Fast Track Clinic at the doctor's office and then take him to Gallatin with spend the day with Nene and Pop. We were the first people in the office when we got there. The doctor in the clinic did a very thorough exam of Luke but finally said that it was indeed pink eye. We filled the antibiotic eye drops there and I gave him his first dose before we left. He did fine with it.
We dropped Katherine off at school on the way to Gallatin. The center said there have been no other reports of pink eye, strange. So, off we went. He was so excited to be spending the day with Nene and Pop. When I picked him up after work they said they had so much fun. He did great with his noon dose of drops. I wanted to give him another one before we left. He pitched a fit! It took Bill, Paula and I all holding him down to get the drop in. I was astonished at how he was acting considering how well he had done earlier. He did the same thing at his bedtime dose. We got it in, but it took a fight. He cried and cried. Seven days of this should be fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment