Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sick Little Girl?

Katherine has not been herself since we got home on Sunday.  I first attributed it to us being away and her missing us.  She has not been eating well and and has been very whiny.  The not eating well isn't exactly unusual, but she is not even eating things she really likes.  She is not usually whiny at all.  She has been crying when I take her to school in the mornings and is very clingy at home.  Since I was off today I decided to take her to the doctor for them to give her the once-over. You never know when it might be their ears or something else.  We were able to get an early morning appointment which was nice. She had a very low-grade temp (99.0) while we were there.  Dr. Patterson checked everything - chest, ears, eyes, throat, belly and so forth and deemed her "perfect".  She said she might be fighting a little virus and to bring her back Saturday if there was no improvement.

I was glad there was nothing wrong, but a little frustrated that we did not have an answer to her behavior.  We spent the rest of the day hanging out.  We did some Christmas shopping which she loved and then took a nap before we picked Luke up.  The kids got to watch a little Christmas show when we got home.  They get so enthralled in the TV. 

No comments: