Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fun Filled Sunday




The kids in Sunday School were wound up this morning!  Usually they are pretty calm when we take over the second hour, but they were wild.  I think we are all just excited that Christmas is a week away!  There are usually a couple of kids that are late being picked up. Usually, Paul or I will go pick Katherine up so she is not the last one left in her class.  The kids in our room love seeing "the baby".  They think she is so cute and love to make her giggle!  Luke is very protective and possessive of her.  He makes sure everyone knows that she is his sister!

Speaking of Katherine she finally took her first steps this afternoon!  I had begun to wonder if she was ever going to walk!  She started walking on her knees this week which was quite funny.  I talked with my Physical therapy friends at work to see if they had any great insight.  After answering a battery of questions from them they determined she was just simply lacking confidence.  There is no physical reason why she can't walk she just doesn't.  So, today was the day -- at 16 1/2 months old she finally took her first steps!  It helped that Luke was occupied upstairs so it was just the three of us.  She just simply walked between Paul and I several times.  Instead of holding on to her hands or fingers like we had been we held her at the waist where it is much easier to let go. She just giggled and had the biggest grin on her face!  I hope she can keep up and keep progressing. 

After church and lunch we made our way over to the mall to visit Santa.  We actually never made it last year so I was determined this year!  Luke was excited but a little skeptical.  He did not cry but would not take a picture with Santa unless Paul and I were in it, too.  So, we have a family picture with Santa.  It isn't that great, but at least we did ti!

We are still doing drops for Luke's pink eye.  He continues to make the biggest deal out of having to do the drops.  I have been in charge of the last few doeses and I finally determined they had not been getting in there like they should so we are going to continue them on a little longer.  I got some advice from my pharmacist friend. 

After everyone (including Paul and I) had their jammies on we decided to go look at Christmas lights.  We drove through several neighborhoods.  Katherine slept the whole time, but the rest of us enjoyed it.  While we were driving around Luke asked us if we knew what he wanted to be when he grew up.  We said no and he replied, " a choo-choo engineer".  We told him how great that was and we would love for him to be a choo-choo engineer.  He then said, "actually, I have changed my mind. I want to be a daddy when I grow up".  My heart melted right then and there.  We told him he could be an engineer and a daddy.  He seemed pleased with this.  I quickly added that he needed to be an enginner first, then a daddy!

No comments: