Monday, September 12, 2011

The Verdict




So, Katherine did great last night and did not have a temp.  She did cough a little more than she has been but not enough that we had to go check on her.  As soon as I dropped Luke off at school ( I promised myself I would try not to ever take both kids to the doctor at the same time again) I called the doctor's office. It was our lucky day -- Dr. Patterson had an 8:30 appointment that canceled.  I told the nurse we would take it!  It was more like 9:15 before we actually saw Dr. P but Katherine did great.  She played in the exam room, climbed up on the shelf under the table, took everything out of my wallet and put it back in and otherwise entertained herself. 

I was happy to learn that Katherine's ears were still clear.  Her chest was a little "junky" but nothing to be concerned with.  Dr. P determined she had a "persistent virus" that was causing her temperature to spike.  She feels it is at the end of its course and said K can return to school tomorrow since she has been fever free.  I was relieved to find out that there was not anything wrong but it is still crazy to me how high her temperature got.  Oh well -- kids are so resilient.

We had a great day together.  She took a long nap this morning when we got home.  We then ate an early lunch and headed out to do errands.  She was the biggest ham in the grocery.  She was laughing, grinning, singing and dancing.  We had more people stop us to talk to her and make her grin.  It was the cutest thing.

We picked Luke up from school and I had promised him a special treat so we got a mini blizzard at Dairy Queen and shared it when we got home.  Paul transitioned to a new position at work.  He is now a Project Manager for the construction/rebuild company of ServPro.  One of the perks is he gets a company truck.  When he got home tonight he wanted to clean it so Luke was his helper.  Katherine and I went down long enough to visit. The kids love daddy's "new truck".  Katherine bounced up and down and pretended to drive.  We are hopeful that this new opportunity will work out.

No comments: