Saturday, September 3, 2011

The BIG Thomas!





Pretty much since we went to Thomas the Train last  year Luke has been asking when we were going to go back and ride on The BIG Thomas.  The day finally arrived!  We decided to leave Katherine with Nonna so we could have some one-on-one time with Luke.  I said numerous times during our outing that I was so glad we did not have her with us.  It was so hot and muggy and there were people everywhere!  Paul and I were hopeful that Luke would enjoy himself more this year than last.  He did!  He loved it!  He loved riding on the train and looking out at the scenery.  He loved the storytelling and getting a tattoo.  But, when you ask him what his favorite part was he says the toy store!  Of course, there is a gift shop there with all things Thomas.  Nonna gave Luke some money to get something for he and Katherine.  Well, Luke obviously forgot the Katherine part. He immediately picked out a train that neither Paul or I had ever heard of, but he was dead set on that train.  Her name is Belle and it turns out that he learned about her when Nene read him a book at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago.  She is going to be in the latest Thomas movie that comes out next week.

So, Luke was ecstatic to get her and did not put up too much fuss when we told him it was time to go.  My friends with older sons warn me that the love of trains is about to run its course.  Next, he will be on to Super Heroes and video games.  I am not in any hurry to get out of this train phase!  We have a lot of money invested in the trains, track, etc and I feel it helps with his creativity and imagination.  And, the stories all have good messages to them.  So, I will hold on to the trains as long as I can!

Katherine did great with Nonna!  She was a little unsure when we first left but settled in fairly quickly.  We went home because we needed to get ready to have friends over tonight!

No comments: