Saturday, September 24, 2011
Such a Fun Saturday!
So, Paul and I started our fun day Saturday last night. Nene and Pop picked Luke up from school for an overnight. I was to pick Katherine up, run home where Mom would keep K, get ready and meet Paul in Green Hills for supper. Well, those plans got changed when I picked Katherine up from school and proceeded to have a gab fest with some parents and teachers. I did not leave there until after 5. Poor Paul -- when I called him to tell him I was just leaving Hendersonville he said he had been driving around Green Hills for 30 minutes hoping I was on my way. The traffic was horrible so we decided to forgo the across town outing.
Paul came home and we decided to finally use a gift card we had for Woody's Steakhouse. It was really good and we were glad we ate there. Their steaks are great and the atmosphere is cool. We sat in the room with the piano man so that was fun. We could not think of much else to do after that so we just hit a few stores and headed home. Mom was surprised when we were home by 8:30. Katherine was fast asleep so that was nice.
This morning I headed over to Virginia's new place to check it out since she has done some things. We went to a cool neighborhood yard sale close to her place. I spent a whopping $2.50! I got 5 things for that! I saw some neat furniture that could have been refinished but we really don't need anything like that right now. After that we grabbed a snack at Star Bagel before I headed home.
Paul met up with Paula and Luke at Lowe's in Hendersonville. He and Luke did their weekend kid's project. Luke was pretty proud of his police car! The all ate lunch together. I pulled in the driveway about 5 minutes after they did.
We spent the rest of the afternoon watching football, mowing the lawn and taking naps.
Explanation of the pictures - we did some more fall decorating around here so the kids had to pose. Luke is wearing a cowboy vest that was JonJon's. He is still saying he wants to be a cowboy for Halloween. We just need to work on getting the rest of the outfit together. The last picture was taken when Luke was in the laundry room playing peek-a-boo with Katherine through the kitty door. The previous owner had a cat so that is why we have a pet door. Most everyone knows neither Paul or I are animal people so I doubt this will ever be used for much more than entertaining the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment