Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What to Do?

Pretty mellow after school

Put on a happy face
Today was my last day of freedom before returning to work.  My plan was to take both kids to school and leave them a full day so we would get in the routine of what our normal week will be like.  I took the kids this morning.  It was rainy and messy so I decided to come home.  In hindsight I wish I had planned something exciting for the day.  I had several things left on my to-do list but did not want to do any of them. Instead I washed all of Katherine's new bottles which took forever, tried to take a nap, did laundry and finally landed in the kitchen where I cleaned it from top to bottom.  There is something therapeutic about cleaning! 

I was so excited to go get the kids and see how their day was.  I got there and picked Katherine up just as Luke's class was coming in from the playground.  He came running down the hall to greet me.  There is nothing better than seeing that smiley face coming towards me!  Katherine had another great day.  The teachers say they fight over who gets to hold and rock her.  She is definitely in good hands there.  Makes me rest easy to know she is getting spoiled like that. 

Tonight I was so tired!  I think it has something to do with Katherine waking up between 4:00 - 4:30 to eat. It actually is working pretty good.  I feed her then put her back to bed.  We wake her up in time to leave and she gets her first bottle at school around 8.  I am hoping in the next week or so she will make it until 5:00 which is when my alarm goes off anyway.  She is still not sleeping that well at school so she is worn out when we get home.  The past few nights she has fallen asleep on the way home and I have to wake her up to eat at 5:30 and she usually goes back to sleep pretty quick.  Then I wake her up to feed her and put her to bed.  I know it will take a couple of weeks to get her in a better routine and naps at school.

No comments: