Friday, November 19, 2010

Is it Morning Again?

Ready to go to school
Where is Luke???

It doesn't help to hide under the pillow...
This morning came way too early if you ask us!  Katherine was awake again around 4:!5 to eat.  I just sat and rocked her until I needed to start getting ready.  I am very glad that I decided to go back to work for two days and then will have the weekend.  Luke did not want to get up this morning.  He has started waking up in the middle of the night again.  He is scared of something.  We thought it was the  popping and cracking of the heat ducts.  Paul was able to fix those and he is still waking up.  Needless to say he does not want to get out of bed in the mornings.

I actually did more work at work today which was good.  The day flew by again!  About mid-morning I got a call from Luke's school saying he had run face first into the fence gate on the playground!  The replayed it from the security cameras and said there was no one around him and he literally tripped over his own feet.  For some reason, that does not surprise me.  They said he had a huge goose egg on the middle of his forehead but seemed ok.  Well, within 30 minutes the assistant director called back to say he was acting "spacey".  This is also not unusual for that time of day since it was close to nap time. I made a call to the pediatrician's office to ask their advice.  After going over some pointers with them and relaying them to his school we decided he would be ok to stay.  I called back to check on him after lunch and he had asked for seconds!  I knew he was ok when I heard that. 

I took the kids this morning so I did not get to work until 7:45 which meant I could not leave until 4:15.  This is early to the average person, but late for me.  I could not get to the kids' school fast enough!  They were two of the last ones to leave which made me sad.  The school closes at 5 and most kids are gone by 4:30.  Not sure what all their parents do for a living!  Luke's forehead was horrible!  It was blue, green and yellow but he said it did not hurt at all.  He is a tough little guy.

Luke requested breakfast for supper tonight and we happily obliged him. He still loves to help in the kitchen and does not want you to do anything without him being right there.  We are looking forward to a relaxing, fun weekend around here.

No comments: