Friday, December 19, 2014

Day Off


I was scheduled to be off today and the kids and I were going to have a fun day.  The kids were supposed to have an early dismissal today before the Christmas break.  Well, apparently there are a lot of children that are sick with the flu and other illnesses, so the school decided to close after Tuesday this week.  Thankfully they offered extended care for kids who did not have care available elsewhere.  The kids went to extended care Wednesday and Thursday.  Today we had  full day planned.  We did some errands this morning. I had a return at Opry Mills and needed to pick up some last minute gift cards.  I decided to run through Bass Pro Shop to see if there was a long line to see Santa.  The line was huge, so we decided not to wait.  Since they couldn't get their picture made with Santa they decided to have their picture made in front of the fireplace instead.

We headed to Green Hills to go to the movies.  We decided on Big Hero 6.  It was a cute movie, but not what I expected.  It definitely had some scary parts that I am afraid will bother the kids at bedtime.  Paul was able to meet us for a late lunch at Katherine's new favorite restaurant, Noodles. It was a fun day together -- the Christmas countdown is really on now!

No comments: