I was under the impression the paint crew was going full steam at the house today and I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing it before we go out of town. Mom agreed to pick the kids up from school and meet me up there as she is anxious to see it too. A lot has changed since she was there at Thanksgiving. I found out late this afternoon that, in fact, the painters had not been there but another crew working on interior doors and drywall had been there. I decided to make a quick stop out there, but told Mom not to make the drive. It was best she and the kids didn't come. There were 4-5 people working and I was not able to get upstairs as they were doing some drywall repair in the stairwell ceiling. They had made some visible progress today though. Almost all the new interior doors are hung and look great. I assume they finished the drywall in Katherine's bathroom as well since the plumbers were finally able to get her tub configured correctly.
Paul's work Christmas party is tonight at Melting Pot. We decided a couple of weeks ago that I would not go since we are going to be away from the kids all weekend. I have had a million things to do tonight and was not able to get them all done. As I am typing right now Katherine is up running around. That girl is wired every night and will not go to bed! I will just have to get up extra early to get the last minute things done. Mom did get all of the kids suitcases, etc tonight when she dropped them off so that was a big help. The plan is for us to drop the kids off at school in the morning and head to the airport. Charleston....here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment