Saturday, April 2, 2011
Love These Saturdays
We have a very busy weekend planned. It started last night. Paul had a work get-together to go to so the kids and I met Mom for supper. It took forever but Luke and K did great. This Hispanic lady stopped at our table and oohed and ahhed over the "Gerber Baby", then she saw Luke and said "ohhh...two Gerber babies...how blessed you are!" Blessed...indeed! We went to JoAnn's after supper to pick up some fabric. I am having a couple outfits made for Katherine by the lady that made all of her bedding and drapes.
This morning started with Paul making us all a great breakfast. Katherine slept in past 7:30 which is pretty unusual for her. When she got up her eye was matted shut and her nose was running. Since I knew there was something going around in her room and the fact she just got over the whopping ear infection I asked Paul to take her to the doctor this morning. I had to work and knew if she didn't go we would end up needing to take her somewhere Sunday when nothing is opened. Paul took her to the walk in clinic at our pediatrician's office. She said K's ears look great! She said she never would have known she has had an ear infection because they were completely clear. She advised us to stop the Zyrtec since it was not keeping her from having drainage. We are going to try Allegra. We are also starting Bactrim until we go back for her 9-month check up. This is meant to be a preventative antibiotic with the hopes that her ears will stay clear! The doc said Katherine just has a normal cold. Her chest is clear. She has been running a very low-grade temp but that is normal.
After work I met Virginia for lunch at Mimi's. It had been awhile since we have gotten together so we enjoyed hanging out for awhile. Paul and the kids went to Gallatin while I was at work, too. We all got home around the same time. We did some things around the house before Paul and I had to go to a dinner party in Gallatin for Jon and Kristen! I can never find anything in my closet to wear and tonight was no exception. After I finally decided on something and was ready to go I took Katherine from Mom to give her a bye-hug. Well, she spit up all over me...I teared up..what in the world was I going to wear now! I quickly changed in to jeans and salvaged the shirt I had on and just threw a cardigan over it. I got many compliments on my ensemble and was not afraid to share my story or the fact my cardi was 3 years old from the J.Crew outlet!
We had a great time at the party. There was a huge turnout which was so nice for J&K. I had so much fun catching up with people we have not seen in awhile. It was a great way to kick of the wedding festivities for the happy couple! Mom and Ms. Wanda kept the kids and had a good time! Mom was washing bottles when I got home which was so nice. Washing bottles every other day gets very tiring...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment