Saturday, April 30, 2011
Katherine at 9 Months
Eating: Katherine is doing better and better with eating. We have recently started giving her puffs which she loves! She now almost always eats a full container of Stage 1 foods. She has had some Stage 2 combination foods in the last 2 weeks and has enjoyed all of those. Yogurt is something else she likes that we have been giving her lately. She likes the vanilla or strawberry. At Easter I gave her some bites of a dinner roll which she liked. More ended up on the floor than in her mouth though. She nurses or has a bottle 4-5 times per day. She goes 4-5 hours between feedings now with a "meal" in between.
Sleeping: I feel like Katherine has improved with her sleeping a lot. Our trip might change that since we are so out of our routine. We had reserved a baby bed for the condo, but it never came. Paul called and emailed without ever hearing back from the company. So, Katherine has slept with us the past 5 nights. Prior to this she was doing fairly well sleeping through the night. She would sometimes wake up. Hopefully we will get right back on track now that we are home. Katherine is definitely a tummy sleeper now. As soon as I lay her down she rolls on to her tummy and that is usually where she is when she wakes up.
Personality: I know I say it all the time but K is just the happiest little girl! It does not take much to get her to flash that melt-your-heart smile! She loves to giggle and babble. She still loves her big brother and grins from ear to ear any time he plays with her.
Milestones: I must say that Florida agrees with Miss Katherine. Since we have been here she has hit some milestones. She has been teething for months now but we have not seen any evidence of a tooth yet, but that all changed. Mom said she thought she saw something white in her mouth. I did not believe her until I put my finger in there to see. Sure enough she has a sharp little tooth on the bottom! The next big thing she has started is babbling in somewhat recognizable words. She clearly says da-da and ba-ba now. Sometimes it sound like she is saying hi-da! We still can not say that she is definitely crawling but she is so close. She continues to roll, flip or inch her way around. She would much rather be on the floor playing than to be held. Most of time when I hold her she is bouncing and lunging for the floor. When I sit her up she eases forward until she is down on the ground. Her legs are getting so strong. She loves for us to stand her up and "walk" her around. She tries so hard to pull herself up but is not there yet. She can stand up holding on to a piece of furniture unassisted for a little bit now.
We really know that the next few major milestones - crawling, walking and talking are going to come so quickly. Sometimes I wish we could just freeze time and enjoy this stage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment