Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Luke and Mommy's Day of Fun!







Today was Luke's three year well visit.  I had been planning to have a mommy/ Luke date with him for awhile so today seemed like the perfect opportunity.  The plan was to take Katherine to school so we could have some one-on-one together time.  Since Nashville still had snow the daycare was opening two hours late again.  When we got there it was snowing pretty hard and Katherine's teachers told me they were thinking about closing at 10!  Keep in mind I got there around 9:30 and Luke's appointment was at 10:15.  I was fairly upset.  While I was still there they decided not to close at 10 and said they would call me and to go and enjoy the day with Luke. 

We headed to Dr. Patterson's office.  He got an A+ from Dr. P!  He passed his vision test with flying colors.  The nurse actually said he had "exceptional" eye sight.  That was a relief considering I was in contact lenses by age 10.  He did well during his exam but was a bit shy at first.  Once Dr. P started asking him which Thomas engine was his favorite he perked right up.  I asked her what we could be doing to challenge him.  Everything she told me such as starting letter recognition and sounds as well as matching and memory he already does!  She was impressed and suggested picking up a few early reader books to let him start working on.  He only had to have one shot so it was not too bad. 

Luke's Stats:  Height - 37.5" (51st percentile)    Weight - 33 #  (61st percentile)

After the doctor I told Luke we would go wherever he wanted for lunch.  He, of course, picked Old MacDonald's. When we finished with lunch we went over to the mall to play on the playground.  When we got there he did not want to go in to play.  Luckily, we found these cool trains that you can "drive".  We did that and then I did a few Christmas returns. Our next stop was Homegoods to make a return.  We looked at the toys and I told Luke he could pick something out he wanted but he decided he did not want anything.  Crazy, I know!  We had a few minutes before Katherine needed to be picked up so he got a hair cut.  He always does so well getting his hair cut even though this was a different place.  He looked very handsome!  By this time he was very sleepy and ready to go get his little sister.  The two of us had a great time together. 

Both kids slept once we got home.  Tonight Katherine sat alone for a few minutes.  She has been doing it a little bit but we decided to officially say she can sit alone now!  How time is flying...

No comments: