Sunday, October 16, 2011

Walking is Overrated

Just in the past couple of days Katherine has shown a little more confidence in her mobility skills.  The weather was absolutely beautiful today so we spent some time outside.  The boys washed the vehicles while Katherine and I played.  I basically let her explore on her own.  We decided if she was crawling on the hard patio that it might encourage her to walk!  She was hilarious.  She would kind of do an elephant crawl.  She would have one knee on the ground and the other leg kind of straight.  She went everywhere!  That girl was not happy when I would reel her in -- she let me know really quickly that she did not want be held. 

Tonight she actually kind of walked from the couch to the ottoman without holding on to anything.  She is also standing alone for a bit now.  For entertainment after supper I got out mine and Paul's baby books.  Turns out Paul was about 16 months when he walked.  I think Katherine is following in her daddy's footsteps.  For the record, I was 10 1/2 months!  Luke got a kick out of me reading to him everything about his mommy and daddy.  He was fascinated by the lock of my hair and kept wanting to go back to it. 

Paul measured Luke tonight and he was 40.5" - he has grown over an inch in the past two months. According to Paul's baby book Luke is a little taller than Paul was at this age. Maybe that means Luke will be tall!  I have had my doubts because Luke always measures right below the 50th percentile.  Katherine seems to have hit a little growth spurt, too.  She just seems taller to me.  Guess we will find out soon enough.  She will  be due for her 15 month well visit soon.

No comments: