Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sickness, or is it?

I got a call from the school today saying Katherine had thrown up.  I questioned this as I have never seen her throw up. They said she was fine but they just wanted me to know.  I called back around lunch and they said she had not had any other episodes.  Within an hour of that phone call they called back and said she had an episode of diarrhea and I had to come and get her.  I picked both kids up early and Katherine seemed fine to me.  So well, in fact that we stopped by Target on our way home to pick up some things.  We also got some popcorn that Katherine had a fit over.  There is no putting food past that girl - sick or not.

I had this nice plan that we would get home, pop in a movie to entertain Luke and Katherine and I would nap on the couch. No such luck.  Katherine was wired.  She wanted to play with the trains, work a puzzle, read books and pretty much anything else you can think of.  Every so often she would want up in my lap to lay her head down but she would not go to sleep!

She did not have a temperature or any more diarrhea or vomiting all night.  I really think it has something to do with her teething.  I know that is kind of an old wives tale.  She has gone from only four teeth to eight in less than a month!  The crazy thing is that all four of her first molars came in already.  So, she has two little center teeth on the top and bottom and her molars.  There are several more right below the surface.  Poor thing.  She chews on anything and everything she can get her hands on!

Since she can not go back to school tomorrow Mom took a half day of vacation in the morning and Bill and Paula will have her in the afternoon.  We sure are thankful that we have both of our families to help out!

No comments: