| Hanne loves chips! |
| Conner and Lillian |
| Luke admiring the gas pump Pop just restored |
| Gracie and Emma |
| Our youngest hayride participant - six week old Henry! |
| Virginia and Jason are always so great to come! |
| Katherine very excited about supper |
Katherine really seemed to have fun, too! She went on the hayride and just took it all in. Luke thought he was really something because Paul let him "help" drive the tractor. Katherine stayed through supper then Mom took her home for bed. It is so nice to have our parents help! It allows us a little more freedom to enjoy our guests and make sure everyone has what they need. We had the usual chili, hot dogs, s'mores, etc. So, I like to cook, but I am not a particularly great cook. For some reason people really like the chili! Honestly, I follow the seasoning packet instructions and that is it. But, if people think it is worthy of a blue-ribbon then I'll take it!
After most everyone had left we started packing everything up. When I made it back to the house Paula told me that Luke had showered and was already in bed with Pop and that he wanted to spend the night. We agreed that was a good idea. The Dixons helped us get everything cleaned up. We were home by 9:30, well before we thought we would be. Katherine was fast asleep. It was a perfect day. As Paula said -- beautiful memories were made!
No comments:
Post a Comment