| Luke's gun was my great uncle's toy as a child! |
| His red cowboy boots were JonJon's |
| Minnie Mouse |
Halloween was fairly uneventful. I tried to leave work a little early to get to Luke's party at school. On my way Katherine's teacher texted me that Katherine had diarrhea. This is the second time in the past couple of weeks this has happened. So, I picked her up first then we made a quick appearance in Luke's room. The party was pretty much over by the time I got there, but I got to see them do "circle time" which was neat.
Katherine showed no signs of illness at all. We got home and then I got the kids ready for the night. Katherine does not mind to be in her Minnie Mouse costume at all and Luke loves being a cowboy. Bill and Paula stopped by to see the kids on their way to Nashville. They came in costume! I wish I had taken a picture of them! Paula was a witch and Bill was dressed in a funny nose, glasses and hat. Both kids weren't sure what to think. When Bill had the fake nose and glasses on Katherine would cry so that was short lived. Luke would not get in a picture with them. So silly!
Mom came and brought supper which was great. She also went trick-or-treating in the neighborhood with us. Luke really got in to it this year. He loved going to each house and getting candy. Several times he would tell me "Mom, you don't need to hold my hand anymore". Almost broke my heart right there. So, I would oblige him, but I also noticed as we would head to the next house he would grab my hand! Katherine ended up in the stroller which suited her just fine.
We came back to the house to hand out candy and eat supper. After that Mom, Luke and I went to visit Bill and Pat which has become an annual event. Katherine was tired and ready for bed so she and Paul stayed behind.
After supper we told Luke he could pick one thing from his bag to eat. Of all the candy, chocolate, bubblegum and so forth he chose Welch's fruit chews -- LOVE that boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment