![]() |
| Honestly - the best pic I got |
![]() |
| Ms. Pat and Luke |
![]() |
| Attempting to get Luke to cooperate |
![]() |
| He was more interested in heading the other direction |
Luke was in rare form all afternoon. I can not tell you how many times Paul and I said "if you don't stop doing that or if you don't do this then you will not go trick-or-treating". He did take a quick power nap but I have my doubts that it helped any. First he did not want to put his Thomas costume on, then he did not want to leave, then he wanted to leave right now! (*Almost - three is such a fun age*) Mom came over and brought supper. She and I took the kids over to see Bill and Pat. Katherine had one of her projectile spit up episodes in the car on the way over there so her ladybug costume did not last long! Luke asked a hundred questions while we were there -- who lives here? where are the toys? can I have more candy? and so on. We visited for a short time then it was back to our neighborhood.
Paul was pried away from the Titans game long enough to go trick-or-treating with us. We decided Katherine should stay home with Mom which worked out best. Surprisingly several houses were dark and no one was home. We found out at a neighbor's house there was a big Halloween event at the park and that is where most people went. (Note to self for next year.) We only went to a few houses before we went home and enjoyed the yummy supper Nonna brought. There were lots of interruptions with trick-or-treaters. I think Luke enjoyed handing out candy more than he did receiving it. By the time Nonna left Luke was tired and cranky and could barely stand up. Katherine was fussy, too. We decided to put both kids to bed. Both were in bed asleep by 8:15! Katherine went 8 hours between feedings last night so I am hoping for the same tonight!
Another Halloween in the books. Not as perfect as I had planned in my mind; but fun, just the same.
Paula is recovering well. She has requested no visitors at the hospital for a few days so she can focus on getting better and going home! We have talked to her every day and she seems to be getting stronger and stronger.




No comments:
Post a Comment