Friday, January 16, 2015

The Floors!





The floors went in this week but we have not had a chance to go by and see them.  Paul had a job in Gallatin this morning so he was able to go by there.  He sent me some pictures.  They look amazing!  I am so pleased with what we chose.  We ended up going with a 5" red oak "euro character".  That basically means there is character in the wood, which I wanted.  I didn't want them to look perfect so they mix different grades of wood in a lot to achieve the look.  of course they aren't stained yet.  We are planning to go with a medium stain.  The first coat will go on about a week before the cabinets are installed.  Then we will have the appliances delivered and they will come back and do the remaining stain and top coat.  It is amazing what a difference having the floors in make!

No comments: