Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cleaning, cleaning...

Empty dining room

The wood getting "acclimated" to the environment

Foyer
We decided on the hardwood floors and they have been at the house getting acclimated for a couple of weeks before they are installed.  They are supposed to go in this week so we had to get busy getting everything prepped and ready.  We had been using the dining room as kind of our "landing space".  We had everything from an old couch to patio furniture to a blow up mattress in there.  We had to move everything to rooms that were not going to have hardwoods. That pretty much left the mudroom and our bathroom; everything else is going to be wood.  I also had the idea that I needed to vacuum up every little speck that I could.  I went around and got under all the baseboards. Paul said it was completely unnecessary but I wanted to.  Once we were done everything looked great and is ready for the install!

No comments: