Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Disney Day 1, Part 1 - Animal Kingdom...

Animal Kingdom!

Kilimanjaro's Safaris!

Hippos...




We were so close to the animals!



A baby elephant!


Rhinos -- co cool!

Amazing animals

Tree of Life
One was down for the count after Animal Kingdom

We got to the resort around 11. We were able to go ahead and check into the resort and our room was ready early so that was super nice.  The first issue we encountered was getting on the wrong bus at the resort which was completely my fault. I just saw what resorts each bus stop went to and I thought every bus went to all the different places listed - wrong!  While waiting on the right bus Luke cut his finger on the "1st Visit to Disney" pin the resort gave us.  Of course, in our hurry we failed to pack the first aid items in our park bag so I made do with some paper!  The little mishap with the bus took us about an hour out of our way.  We finally figured it out and made it to Animal Kingdom.  I had scheduled three Fast Pass attractions there. The first one was Kali River Rapids.  Well, Katherine refused to get on and quite frankly pitched a fit. That was very frustrating, so Luke and Paul rode on it and Katherine and I found a place for lunch.  We re-grouped at lunch and headed to our next attraction - the safari!  That more than made up for our crazy morning.  We got to see unusual animals and they were so close!  The kids really enjoyed that.  The last Fast Pass was Dinosaurs, but Luke decided he didn't want to do that because he was scared. Both kids got scared during the showing of " A Bug's Life" and we had to leave the theater.  They are both extremely sensitive about that stuff.  Next stop...Epcot!


No comments: