 |
| Getting ready! |
 |
| Big helpers! |
 |
| A wagon full of friends... |
 |
| The kids had a great time playing in the hay! |
Tonight marked our 10th year of hayrides! The weather was perfect -- cool and crisp with bright blue skies. The day was very hectic. I had to go into work for a little bit to interview a candidate who lives out of state. I hit the grocery after that to finish up the shopping for tonight. I started the chili mid afternoon so it could simmer for a few hours -- I think that makes all the difference.
We had a great turnout tonight. We had some new faces and some familiar ones. It always amazes me how families multiply from year to year. We had a couple of new additions from last year which is always fun. Mom came which is always a big help. She helped me get things set up. All the kids had a great time playing together. Even though we don't see some of these families very often the kids always have fun.
The last family left around 10. We did a little cleaning so we wouldn't have as much to do tomorrow. The kids were worn out and both were asleep in the car within a few minutes of us leaving. I say it every year, but even though getting ready for the bonfire and hayride is a lot of work it is always worth it! So many people come back year after year and as long as that is the case we will continue to host it!
No comments:
Post a Comment