Monday, October 6, 2014

Off With the Old...

Demo on the front porch has begun!

It's going to look great when
it is all completed.



Paul and I both had crazy busy days at work today.  He met the framer at the house first thing this morning to get them started on the porch re-do.  They also went over all the interior framing that needs to be done.  I asked Mom to pick the kids up from school today because I was running so far behind at work.  Today was a rare occurrence with unusual circumstances.  The girl helping me had to leave unexpectedly to take her baby to the doctor and I had some unplanned meetings and consults. Since Mom already had the kids I ran out to the house quickly to make sure the workers had locked everything up and to get a look-see!  They had removed the soffet and all the porch ceiling.  It is so open!  Their next step is to replace each truss with a rafter so in essence the whole facade of the house changes to accentuate the brick chimney.  The porch is already rather large but will appear even more so once the ceiling is vaulted.  I think we are going to go with a stained tongue and groove ceiling instead of the pale blue as first thought.

We had a ton to do tonight because tomorrow when we pick the kids up from school we are DISNEY BOUND!!!  As of now everyone's bags are packed with the exception of toiletries that can not be packed until tomorrow morning.  We are so excited to begin our once in a lifetime trip to the happiest place on Earth!

No comments: