 |
| Look at all those strawberries! |
 |
| Tractors are always fun... |
 |
| especially with Papa! |
 |
| Luke gave me the Mother's Day present he made at school |
 |
| The only pic I made all night |
Today was super busy. The three of us slept in a little bit and then Paul cooked pancakes for us! We decided to go to a few yard sales while we waited to pick Luke up. There was a miscommunication between Bill and Paul so we ended up going to Gallatin to get him mid-morning. We stopped by Long Hollow Nursery on the way so I could get some things. I am way behind on my planting this year.
Luke did not want to leave when we got there. Katherine was so excited to see him! She missed her bubba. She continued to ask for him this morning. He was equally as excited to see her. We went home for awhile to do housework and for the kids to take a nap. Katherine and I took a nap together, but Luke didn't want to give in. At 4 o'clock I told him Dad was being serious about not going to the cook out if he didn't take a nap. He laid in our bed and was asleep in less than 5 minutes. That put us behind heading back to Gallatin for a cook out at the MacLean's. We were going to drop my car off at Vic Jenkins because the brake lights are on. It started to pour down rain and Luke started saying his tummy hurt.
We stopped at a gas station to go to the bathroom. (After we got there he decided he did not have to go anymore and his stomach hurt because the seat belt was too tight). We had fun at the MacLean's. The Louws couldn't make it because Hanne was sick, but we enjoyed everyone's company. It was interesting to see Luke interact with the big kids. He wanted to be outside playing with them, but Brady who is close to Luke's age wanted to be inside. Even though the big kids were playing probably age appropriate games for them I thought it was a little rough for Luke. I told Baylor that I wished Luke would want to play inside and she said she wished Brady wanted to play outside. She commented that the grass is always greener...so true! We decided Brady and Katherine would be just fine together. They like to play quietly and independently. Luke and Jane are kind of loud and rowdy! So funny!
The night came to an end all too soon. I packed Katherine's pj's which was good and wished I had done the same for Luke. Our next outing with that group is going to be adults only!
No comments:
Post a Comment